Today Ryan had a fieldtrip with his school. February is Dental Health Month so they are learning all about taking good care of their teeth so they went to a nearby dentist office. Ryan knew that he wouldn’t be able to bring any of his friends with him so he asked me to bring Stripey to work with me so that he could see what the dentist was all about too. Of course I said yes! I made sure to send Ryan pictures (to Mike’s phone) throughout the day so he could see exactly what Stripey was up to!
A very special Thank You to Dr. McKinney for taking Stripey under his “wing” for the day!
First order of business is our morning meeting
Hmm…Ladies…Please don’t fill my 4:00.
A coffee break already?? This will be a long day!
Time to sterilize instruments and then do our ordering
Doc showed Stripey how to write lab prescriptions and box up cases to send out
Then I had Stripey help me mount some models of teeth
Stripey has a name tag now…He is officially part of the team!
He helped Steph get Monday’s case pans ready
And pulled charts with Shelley
Stripey was quite impressed with Doc’s “artwork.” He had no idea that Ryan drew those dinosaur teeth for him!
Look at all the teeth that Doc is in charge of!
No Stripey! That is NOT how we make photocopies!
We had to sign for some UPS packages and then after watching Doc do his thing Stripey thought he was ready for some patients!
Lunch Break!
All dentist offices have candy and soda
I brought Stripey yogurt…He was much happier with Steph’s hot chocolate and cookies!
Time to make some teeth!
Time to go home!
When Stripey and I got home Dr. Ryan was ready and waiting for us!
This might be my favorite blog post ever. I love that you did this for Ryan! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! He must have been so excited to see all the things stripey learned. Love it!
ReplyDelete